Friday, September 30, 2011

Preparations Complete! Launching October Madness in 3 ... 2 ...1 ...

Today I took myself to Barnes & Noble and picked up my writing-prompt source for the month of October.  I know from experience that I work better with visual prompts than with word prompts, so I selected Spectrum 17: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art.

There are over 400 images inside, and I am exercising great restraint by not plowing right through.  The plan is this--each day I will open to a random page, select one image, and start writing.

The good news is that I am so excited to get going that I'm actually going to take a practice run today.  I've got the ammunition, might as well start shooting!

Again, I welcome anyone who would like to join in October Madness to jump right in.  You select whatever you want to write (no need to use visual prompts if they aren't your thing), and aim to write a minimum of 500 words each day.

October Madness, starting in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment